It is urgent need of each business and organization to have effective management for dealing with specific challenges and problems. Effective management also helps the organizations to increase efficiency of their business from all aspects. Globalization and rapid developing technology are two main factors that force each business to have effective management for their survival among competitors. Management is a process of managing all areas of business including functional and operational. Managers need to follow some specific principles and rules of management to be success in applying effective management in their organizations. Here we are going to discuss some basic principles of effective management.
- Setting goals and objectives any organization must be at forefront. A solid mission statement is prepared in this regard to share with employees for meeting the desired goals and objectives. Goals and objectives of organization must be clear to all employees because they are responsible in maximizing the efficiency of organization up to lower, managerial and top management employees.
- Credibility of management is a key aspect that each organization must consider for effective management. Usually top management is involved in applying this basic principle of effective management among all the workers of organization. Always do that you says because employees always remember your last action. Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Good leadership can make the organization deal with all its challenges in an efficient way. A good leader can perfectly guide the followers for maximizing effectiveness of each business. In business terms, managers play role of leaders for their subordinates. Effective leadership can be said among one of basic principles of effective management.
- Clear communication is also a key aspect regarding principles of effective management. Communication is the way to talk about all problems, issues and matters relevant to any department of the organization. Each organization must have clear communication with staff on regular basis on all the levels of employment.
- Without accountability, an organization or business cannot meet its challenges efficiently. It is very important accountability of important dates, deadlines and numbers. Accountability also helps in managing all the things in an order. This principle is applied in all departments of organizations for effective performance and even accomplishing the tasks in time.
- A highly established information system is also a principle of effective management. All the employees must have access to all relevant information related to their task and responsibilities for effective performance. There must not be any hurdle in getting relevant information for all.
- Performance appraisal system is also a key aspect of effective management and this is very much related to encouragement and motivation of employees that is necessary to increase profitability, production and performance. Goals and objectives should be measureable for evaluating the individual performance.
- It is also very important to be available and approachable in case of managing any issue. This rule must be applied to each level of management. Employees work in the organization as chain so there must be effective coordinating and communication among all.
At last I am talking about listing all the principles of effective management with priority basis and then they should be embraced by all individuals of organization. Managing a business and organization is hard and challenging task and organizations must focus on applying basic principles of effective management for their existence and survival in recent business environment.